I would like to engage in voluntary work
Bielefeld needs people like you, people who are willing to contribute their time and knowledge to help sustain and maintain a caring society.
- All our volunteer opportunities are ‚optional‘, meaning that they are not meant to replace regular employment.
- All our volunteer opportunities are furthermore ‚additional‘ tasks, meaning that they are only possible because of voluntary participation.
- All places of assignment offer insurance coverage namely liability insurance (Haftpflichtversicherung) and accident insurance (Unfallversicherung)
You are interested in volunteering but aren’t sure about the specifics?
Here is a list to help decide:
Would you prefer:
- regular dates?
- fixed dates, once oder twice a week, weekly, every two weeks or monthly?
- individually arranged dates?
- over a short or long period of time?
- Are you looking for something near your home?
- Are other districts in town also possible?
- Do you need your transportation costs reimbursed?
Getting in contact
- Would you like to make (new) contacts and are looking for volunteer work with other people for other people?
- Would you prefer volunteering in a one on one situation or rather in a group?
- Who would you like to work with: (newly arrived) migrants, children and young people, families, senior citizens, disabled people etc.
The type of activity
- Practical work, like doing shifts in a non-profit shop, fixing little things for senior citizens or taking over transport services
- Engaging in something you especially enjoy doing, or something you are good at like speaking a foreign language or working with computers, playing musik, cooking
Your personal motivation
- Doing something meaningful like supporting someone through difficult times
- Getting in contact with others
- Changing of career and therefore the search for new insights
- Committing yourself in socio-political activities, like children’s rights, protection of nature and biodiversity, human rights
As a volunteer, you can contribute with a lot of skills and experience. However, honorary work can also offer the opportunity to gaining new knowledge and skills and developing personally. The Freiwilligenagentur Bielefeld e.V. offers an advanced training program on various topics and areas of engagement — whether you are interested in non-violent communication or would like to attend a workshop on a current topic, support newly migrated people or wish to volunteer with senior citizens.
Please contact us if you have questions
Get in contact with us
B.Sc. Health Communication
Phone: 0521 32 99 — 530
Wednesdays from 3pm to 5pm
or by individual arrangement
Public Library Bielefeld (Stadtbibliothek Bielefeld)
Neumarkt 1, 33602 Bielefeld
You would like to stay up to date? Please subscribe to our newsletter.